Thursday, January 05, 2012

questions

how can it be that 2 days into my new year's resolution of losing 11 lbs i have gained 4? can somebody explain this to me? FOUR.


also, why do i want to lose 11 lbs? who, exactly, am i competing with? my leggy 14 yr old daughter? the impossibly photoshopped models on pinterest? that certain type of stay at home mom who spends her time exercising and walks around purposefully in her running tights & new balances? all of them? but why? why aren't i happy enough to be who i am, in a body that is a little worse for wear but that has done amazing things? why am i disappointed in a body that has no disease, no deformity, no pain? why do i give any credence to the obvious insanity of our culture?

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

I don't know why we do what we do, but I love that you are blogging again.