Sunday, January 04, 2009

moody sunday

i sang this afternoon at a memorial service for a 16 month old baby boy... it was unspeakably sad. i can't begin to imagine how a parent says goodbye to a child. the last song was sung through my tears, though i tried very hard to hold them in. my heart breaks for that mom, and the desperation she must feel to hold her son again, to smell him, smile at him, feel his velvet skin... absolutely breaks. and it makes me so thankful for my girls, even when they are fighting with each other, or creating chaos and mess, or just generally making me crazy - they are still one of God's greatest gifts to me. i have written and deleted several paragraphs here... i think i will let it be what it is. i can't give words to the feelings, and it would do them a disservice to try. thanks for letting me try to express it here...however modestly i was able to.

5 comments:

Annie said...

I'm thankful for your sharing and also so grateful for the blessings God has given me in my children.

Big love! :0)

Anonymous said...

you said all that was needed, you loved out loud, loved one another....
-thanks for sharing... kirsten, fac, lexington, ky

Anonymous said...

My son messed up his room today, the day after I spent 2 hours cleaning it up. My first thought was anger, but after reading your post all I could do was thank God he was there to make the mess. Hugging my boy extra tight today.

Breezy said...

(crying)

Jennifer said...

as i said before-you did a great job. it was such a sad day, but i think the service was really nice and the pleshas will always remember that.