Wednesday, January 28, 2009

i am not making this up!

"Two doctors in Britain have confessed, after 34 years, to making up a condition called cello scrotum."

can i get a "WHAAA??" from the choir? the article goes on to say that this made up condition has been cited in medical journals for those 34 years! and they did it on a lark, as a joke... who says doctors don't have a sense of humor?

in the dailymail this morning (out of britain) there is a long, long article about the sexualization of tween & teen girls...and it was heartbreaking. the author ended it with this. "Perhaps it’s time for everyone to ... show each other a little more respect; and, since we’re supposed to be the adults, it has to start with us, with how we behave, how we draw boundaries and what we put in our newspapers and magazines and on our television screens
."

also, i had pudding for breakfast this morning. i haven't had a pudding cup in years, and it made my heart happy. that is all.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I had half a cupcake for breakfast. MMmm.. And I don't think cello scrotum is a joke. I had an awful case of it last year...

Cynthia said...

You're right, Rae...... Sarah IS funny!

Breezy said...

I had a whole cupcake for breakfast and I personally think the best part of wakin' up is sugar in a cup! You've gone waaay too long without having a pudding cup my friend...waay too long. When was the last time you had a fruit roll up? Or a pack of gummy fruit snacks? You have kids, you should have easy access to such snacks frequently! I'm gonna jump for joy the day we get to have those treats in my house. I probably shouldn't jump too high, lest I get jumper's crotch or something equally as painful.

Annie said...

I'm wondering how a post on sexualization turned into pudding and cupcakes? If we eat them for breakfast then men won't call us puddin' & cupcake? :-P

Anonymous said...

wow! i had blueberry pancakes the other day rachel how could u not have a pudding cup in years there so amazing! at least ur heart was happy.