Saturday, December 13, 2008

anticipation

well, we are only 12 days from christmas. my girls started opening their 12 days of christmas gifts my mom helped them choose out for each other, and in the midst of the whooping, curtis rolled over in bed and looked at me with one eye open and said, "the christmas delight is here." i had to laugh!

the next 12 days are the best days of the year... the anticipation, the pie, the little gifts and christmas tree lights... i love them. there is nothing more exciting than what could be.

i hope i have time to enjoy the anticipation for the next week and a half... i hope you do! i hope for us all a few quiet nights with people we love, lit by tea lights and christmas trees. i hope for us all festive drinks in "high-heeled" glasses, cosy fireplaces, and the anticipation not only of the gifts that are wrapped and taped under the tree, but the anticipation of Who will be...

2 comments:

Krissi said...

I am a little sad that I don't get to spend Christmas with people I love. I have nothing to anticipate this year. I will spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with a friend's family, but I don't know them. It's simply better than being in the dorm all alone. So love your family a little extra this year for those of us who don't get to be with ours. My family drives me crazy, but it's not a real Christmas without them. :(

Krissi said...

Well, let me know the next time you come to Kentucky. I'm not going anywhere for the next number of holidays or any other days.