Tuesday, April 29, 2008

too beautiful for me

Sometimes I am surrounded.

Just out of my reach, they lay heavy
Floating
Ideas and sensations
Things without words
That make my pen feeble and
Speechless.

If only
I could find the language for
Things without words
I know that Truth would be spoken
And beauty beheld.

But
Maybe
Some things are most beautiful in their
Absence
Some Truths are only known by our
Unknowing.

I will sit very still
These heavy things making me light
Floating
Soaking in my unknowing
At peace with absence
And my feeble pen.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I love this! A perfect description of that feeling. :-)

Marilyn said...

Rae - you are a poet like your brother. I am moved by this - you say some things that can't be said rightly, but you get darned close. I am loving the emerging person who is you.