Monday, January 07, 2008

productivity feels SO good....

one of the reason i love our house in the big, built-in bookshelf in our bedroom, because i am a passionate reader! but for the last 2 years - every time i've gotten a book off my shelf, or even walked past the shelf into the master bathroom, i have cringed & covered my eyes. a thick layer of dust covered the upper shelves (the stuff we never read but can't get rid off), paperbacks were thrown helter skelter behind full rows, and clutter (burnt out matches, buttons, pennies & guitar picks) filled every edge & corner. appalling. no matter how clean the rest of my room was, i felt overwhelmed and horrified by what can only be called the disaster of my bookshelves.

BUT...

today was the day i could take no more! i spent 2 hours, dusting every book individually, wiping the shelves down, windexing the pictures in their frames, reorganizing the books, and culling the ones i would never read again for donation to the public library. i feel so good! my room is really, really clean! my books aren't a source of pain anymore! and i found a few gems that got lost in the chaos, and that's a treat!

and purely as a bonus, it's 70 outside, and i'm going for a walk now. it's a glorious monday.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Huzzah for refreshing cleanliness and a beautiful day. Hope your walk is grrrrreat!

Mrs. Cooper said...

Yay for clean bookshelves! I only wish I could be as industrious as you but alas ...