Sunday, September 16, 2007

does anyone ever fall for this?

wow! i just won millions of dollars in the new zealand lottery! and i've been offered a job as a representative of a chinese shipping company, which would like me to launder it's money for a 10% cut! this is so exciting! usually my junk mailbox is full of "male enhancements" which are useless to me, but this, well, this is just what i need! i will have to be sure to supply all the detailed personal information they need, so as not to lose my opportunity to capitalize on these things! why shouldn't i trust them? just because they are poorly typed gramatical nightmares from countries i've never been to, offering prizes & jobs i've never shown an interest in, surely they are on the up & up, right? let me just email them my social security number...

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Just to warn you, you have to be careful to make sure you are using a secure internet connection to send them your SSN, because otherwise some untrustworthy hacker could intercept it. Best of luck in this endeavor!!!

111 said...

oh, thanks! i didn't even think of that...

Jessica said...

I had a coworker who would always reply to these. . . . the inability to write a grammatical sentence continues and gets worse! It does add humor to the workday.

Mrs. Cooper said...

I had a friend who actually thought she won a trip to Disney World and ... are we ready for this? Sent them a 300 dollar deposit! And when she told me all this, it was really hard to keep my composure and not lecture her on the dangers of the internet.