Sunday, April 29, 2007

public service announcement

ok people - only 2 weeks til mother's day. start now thinking of nice things to do for your mom! or your wife! or of suggestions you can give to curtis, who will inevitably forget and then i will feel sad and he will feel bad!

jj - angela is pregnant - that totally counts for mother's day!! it doesn't need to be big, she just needs to know that you are all about her being the mother of your child! :)

steve - AJ is coming! sabrina loves presents - you'd better believe this mother's day counts! get going, man! :)

Jordan (if you're out there) - remember the woman who gave birth to you! you have put her through a lot (ha!) so be nice! :) (he he he!)

being a mom is a tough gig.... some of you will recall "field trip mom" and her secret flask. but i am not here to complain. no, not at all. because being a mom is a killer gig, too. my daughters think i am the best mom in the world, because today i put whipped cream on their strawberries. yesterday they thought so because we took a family bikeride. the day before, it was because i let them stay up late - it was a friday. every kid needs a little "whipped cream" in their life - and it's a mom's prividege to be the one holding the can!

so even if it wasn't your mom, start thinking about how you can honor the person who filled your life with whipped cream! :)




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is the best picture ever. I think I (when I become a mom...someday) will let my kid get messy everyday for one year and take a picture of him and make a scrapbook named "The Messy Year". Wouldn't that be funny?

111 said...

it's all well and good til you think about the laundry. unless of course, dan does the laundry...

Steve (Oz) said...

Well, I was hoping to surprise my wife since I'm thinking she wasn't expecting anything for THIS Mother's Day... but, since it's been ruined... {sigh}

111 said...

foolish boy - you could have pretended you never read this blog!! i reject the notion that i, personally, ruined your mothers day surprise!

111 said...

and obviously, she was expecting something!

Mrs. Cooper said...

There were long debates in our household about whether this Mother's Day "counts" or not ... thankfully we drew the same conclusion you did, before you did. Good JJ.

Anonymous said...

My mother's day gift to my mom is graduating and them not supporting me anymore! HAHA, we will prob celebrate after Mother's Day since that Sunday is my graduation day and it only comes once in a lifetime! I'll still get her something.