Thursday, July 06, 2006

i love a rainy night


i woke up to the sound of what you southerner's probably would call "a gully washer"... it sounded like God had turned on a faucet, rather than raindrops. i loved it. i laid awake in my bed and listened to the rain and thunder, feeling so warm and cozy in my bed. after a long hot week, there is something very soothing about waking up to a grey and drizzling sky, don't you think?

as i watched the gold finches on the feeder in the rain this morning, it occurred to me how much glee-delight-whimsy God expressed when he made all of this...the creativity is endless! and frankly, some of it has no purpose other than to be gloriously beautiful. i feel like it's a good day to be alive!

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

I am proud to say I have never heard the phrase "gully washer"

111 said...

yes, you can be proud to be a northerner! :) have a safe trip - see you when you get back!

merrill5 said...

your lillies are beautiful. I know you are so excited aobut them.